Are you gearing up to move out and worried about getting your bond back? End of lease cleaning can be a real pickle if not done right. It’s the final hurdle in your rental journey and, mate, you want to clear it without a hitch!
Here’s a heads up on the top mistakes folks make during end of lease cleaning, so you can avoid them and keep your landlord chuffed.
1. Failing to Plan
Leaving your cleaning to the last minute is like playing footy without a game plan – you’re bound to miss something! Start early, and tackle different cleaning tasks day by day. This way, you won’t be running around like a chook with its head cut off on the final day.
2. Not Checking the Cleaning Checklist
Your lease agreement or landlord might have given you a specific cleaning checklist. Ignoring this is like ignoring a ‘shark in the water’ sign – downright risky! Stick to this checklist to ensure you cover all bases.
3. Overlooking Wear and Tear
While you don’t have to fix every nick and scratch (that’s normal wear and tear), leaving the place filthy is a surefire way to lose your bond. Clean thoroughly, but don’t stress about minor blemishes that come with living in a place.
4. Using Wrong Cleaning Products
5. Neglecting Hard-to-Reach Areas
6. Not Reading the Lease Agreement
7. Failing to Document Property Condition
8. Forgetting to Clean Carpets and Oven
9. Not Deodorising the Property
10. Avoiding Professional Help
11. Skimping on Safety Precautions
12. Not Addressing Minor Cosmetics
Remember, end of lease cleaning isn’t just about ticking a box; it’s about leaving your rental in a state that’s respectful to the property and its next occupants. Avoid these common mistakes, and you’ll be well on your way to a full bond refund and a stress-free move.